Where is Brian Wilkins?

Wilkins v. PayPal, Inc., 23-cv-02931-VKD | Casetext Search + Citator

Read Wilkins v. PayPal, Inc., 23-cv-02931-VKD, see flags on bad law, and search Casetext’s comprehensive legal database

Like the Ice Age Farmer, another independent journo-blogger, Brian Wilkins, of The Covid Blog, has gone off the radar, making his last posts on his main site and any social media on or around Nov. 17th of ’23, and not responding to comments or messages on his SM, or to email or donation messages (at least to mine) since then.

The most recent outside information I readily found via search engines is about the linked case between him & PayPal, one he apparently lost, and which involves a substantial financial judgement against him.

Perhaps the legalities of this case (possibly under appeal?) prevent him from, or make it wise for him to stop posting, and without notice? It’s pretty odd. Even the IAF made a video post indicating clearly that all was not well in his world before dropping out of view.

If anyone knows anything, please leave a comment, or email me at deadmessenger (at) mailfence (dot) com

UPDATE: Land address & phone number (should anyone want to try either: from https://www.courtlistener.com/docket/67502186/parties/wilkins-v-paypal-inc/

18 Responses

1. Jewel June 13, 2024 / 8:13 am

Hey, thanks for posting this. I know that he’s had a hiatus before but not as long as this. Was hoping he’d surfaced by now. Worst case I’m thinking maybe an arrest? Also authors tend to use pseudonyms so possibly the reason for no real leads, however its just a stretch. I’m a bit skeptical that no other truther has mentioned his ‘disappearance’ given that his blog was so popular. Feels weird, like the twilight zone.

• Avatar photo The DM June 13, 2024 / 3:34 pm

Hi, thanks for the comment. Yes, Twilight Zone is apt.

Something very wrong here. No news, no obituaries, no one that knew or knows him making a post, anywhere. It’s a bit like that first nurse that famously keeled over on camera after getting the shot, and then no one did or could ever get a clear shot of her coming out of work afterwards or a comment on the street, or in front of her house, as proof of life. I mean, if The Beatles could be approached for comments outside of Abbey Road at the height of their fame, surely that nurse could’ve been approached somewhere up close to prove she wasn’t dead.

But this is weirder still, as Wilkins just disappeared entirely (there has been much high profile follow-up about the nurse). He has no ardent fans that have crossed his physical path that can at least just give an update? I hate to say it, and I don’t know that I think it likely, but Mr. Wilkins is of clearly above average intelligence, and over 6 months down the road since the last post on his website, if he’s not dead, just gone, if he has chosen to remain mum and keep his readers and followers in the dark (he might have been coerced into disappearing and silence), then I think it has to be considered that he was an intelligence guy doing a job, maybe to be a lightning rod for people seeking what he posted, to create a database, perhaps, or maybe to just distract, and his posting came to an end, like the Donnie Brasco story.

Probably not the case, but it’s possible.

2. Laurie J Calamici May 27, 2024 / 4:50 pm

I looked up the address shown, and it is a UPS Store, so that has to be a P.O. Box. And when I call the phone #, it rings several times and goes to a generic greeting. It does beep, but I didn’t leave a message. If you put that number in Spydialer, it shows No Record Found. I feel like somebody, somewhere has to know something! Anybody here live in the Des Moines area?!

• Avatar photo The DM May 27, 2024 / 6:08 pm

Thanks, Laurie, for your initiative, and letting me and this thread know. Makes sense that he would have both an arm’s length address and phone number.

It’s turned into quite a mystery at this point, has it not? No info to confirm his welfare either fair or foul. It’s pretty odd.

• Laurie J Calamici May 28, 2024 / 3:23 pm

Thank you again for putting it out there! I also emailed support@veracityobjectives.com and inquired. So far no reply but if they do I will certainly post here.

• Avatar photo The DM May 28, 2024 / 3:36 pm

I’m glad I did, and surprised more didn’t, that there’s not more curiosity among his readers. I don’t know what https://veracityobjectives.com is/was (what is it?), but I went there and that’s a dead site, and the domain is available, so I wouldn’t be surprised if your email gets no response. Unless mail to that domain is getting forwarded to an active address somehow, then what you sent will not have landed anywhere.

3. ABC May 26, 2024 / 10:51 pm

Thanks for posting this!
    I was wondering as well why Brian stopped posting literally from one day to another … no updates, nowhere (he has a second, more private webpage). Everything stopped abruptly end of 2023. I tried to reach him, just asking to give a brief sign of life. What about his book, his (non-vaxxed) dating site, all of his projects?! It seems that everybody who tries to stop the easy flow of money in this world will be cancelled, sooner or later. Alas! Greetings from Europe

• Avatar photo The DM May 27, 2024 / 2:59 am

Thanks for comment. He has another website in addition to The Covid Blog and brianwilkins.org? Wasn’t aware if so, but if you mean the latter, I know of it, and 12/3 was last post there.
      I’ve already stated my thoughts about the possibilities in reply to prior comments, but if you hear anything, please do let us here know, thanks.

• ABC May 28, 2024 / 6:42 am

Hi!
        Yes, I meant brianwilkins.org, sorry.
        Hopefully he took off with his van again, but I doubt it. I double-check on his name (or variations) from time to time, but I’m too far away to dig deeper. Let’s hope for the best!

4. Riv May 24, 2024 / 3:48 am

Thank you for posting this! I keep searching for him and checking the blog and his website to see if he’s updated since November 17, 2023. His website’s last post was December 4, 2023. I’ve sent messages as all of you and no response. Needless to say, I’m worried about him and praying for him every day.

• Avatar photo The DM May 24, 2024 / 5:39 am

Thank you for commenting, Riv, and for your interest. It’s very odd, and a long time now, but also…no obituary. Not that I’ve found, anyway, so I guess it has to now be faced that his silence is either enforced or… voluntary. Though it would likely mean he’s been threatened, I have to hope for the former if he’s well and just not responding, as I’d hate to think he was sitting by intentionally letting those who read his weblog wonder about him, about his welfare.

Thanks again for the comment, and please let me/us know if you ever learn anything.

The DM

5. Sandra April 28, 2024 / 3:14 am

Thank you for posting this. I miss getting news from his blog. I hope he is okay. I’m disappointed I won’t be receiving the book I paid for, but that’s okay.

• Avatar photo The DM April 28, 2024 / 3:19 pm

Thanks for reading it. I’m glad I’m not the only one curious about him (didn’t know he had a book). I follow The Covid Blog’s RSS feed, and would get a little notification if he’d posted anything new there, but there’s been nothing anywhere.

I have a feeling he’s either dead or just done, guessing the latter, and that he was threatened, if so. Bad stuff happens to people that gain a certain influence and/or audience size: Ross Ulbricht; Julian Assange; lately Alex Jones.

If he wasn’t threatened and just stopped without notice to his readers and supporters, then that’s a drag, bad form on his part, so hoping he has a good reason if he’s well.

6. Shannon April 27, 2024 / 6:21 pm

I’ve been wondering. I check in to his site everyday to see if he has posted anything.

• Avatar photo The DM April 28, 2024 / 3:08 pm

It’s a long time now. He’s either not OK, or he decided to suddenly stop what he was doing without comment to anyone. Not good either way.

7. Nicole March 28, 2024 / 3:59 am

I’m glad you posted this. I was literally wondering the same thing. Frequently checking his website for updated news but haven’t seen anything since November. I hope he is well.

• admindmp March 28, 2024 / 5:09 am

So do I, thanks for comment. There are a few of us wondering about him, anyway.